Truck and Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Manufacturing Solutions Inc. (MSI) is looking for a Truck and Heavy Equipment Mechanic to join the MSI Trucking and Sitework Team.
This position will provide preventative maintenance and repair for equipment and MSI vehicles in a way that will allow for on-time delivery of quality products.
- Provide all maintenance and repair as assigned. Troubleshoot/Repair equipment. Perform emergency maintenance on equipment and vehicles as required to support production. Inspect and repair all forklifts, trucks, trailers, and heavy equipment.
- Clean, lubricate, and conduct preventative maintenance on all forklifts, trucks, trailers, heavy equipment.
- Perform skilled maintenance and repair on mechanical and electrical equipment; test and replace circuits; coordinate emergency repairs and large complex projects; troubleshoot and correct defective switches, relays, fuses and other wiring; perform routine mechanical and electrical maintenance.
- Estimate cost of labor and materials for work orders; obtain competitive prices for equipment and supplies needed.
- Operate a variety of equipment and machines including saws, drill presses, grinders, MIG/TIG welders, plasma torches, cutting equipment, and various pneumatic and power tools to perform repair and maintenance work; maintain tools and equipment in a safe, clean and proper working condition.
- Required Licenses/Certifications – Valid Driver’s license required.
- Knowledge of Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems
- Knowledge of Tooling and Fixturing (welding, fabricating)
- Knowledge of automotive, diesel engines, and heavy equipment repair (ASE Certification a plus)
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform maintenance on forklifts
- Ability to Grease equipment
- Ability to change the oil in equipment
- Ability to rotate tires on vehicles
- Ability to recognize and avoid electrical hazards while electrical trouble shooting
401(k) with matching options
Paid time off
A robust Health & Wellness program
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: On-site in Morrisville, Vermont. Candidates must reliably commute or plan to relocate to Morrisville, VT, before starting work (Required).
Additional Compensation: Bonus opportunities
Come as you are; Discover what is possible. MSI is an EOE.