MSI Hosts Business Roundtable with VT Lt. Governor
June 25, 2019 | Manufacturing
Vermont Lt. Governor David Zuckerman is touring the state, meeting with businesses to learn about what’s working, as well as challenges, concerns and obstacles faced by companies. This feedback is then shared with Vermont’s political leaders and influencers to develop policy intended to improve the business climate from the state level.
The Lt. Governor’s office contacted MSI, suggesting that MSI might host a business roundtable in Lamoille County. This week, a group of thirteen area leaders enjoyed a lengthy luncheon at MSI, while discussing topics of interest. Among the issues discussed:
- Current 2.1% Unemployment Rate resulting in Hiring Challenges
- Work Ethic in Younger New Hires
- Work Skills in Younger New Hires
- Transportation to Work
- Permitting -Uncertainties in State Permitting
- Permitting - Nuisance Appeals Delaying Approval
- Permitting - Outdated Act 250 Regulations
- Permitting - Multiple Permit Requirements with Multiple Hurdles with Multiple Public Comment Periods
The nearly ninety-minute roundtable luncheon was followed by a tour of MSI’s manufacturing facility, including continued discussions, and networking opportunities for those involved.
Thank you to the office of the Lt. Governor David Zuckerman for suggesting the event. Thank you to Beth Salvas and Garret Hirchak for hosting the luncheon. Thank you to Tina Emerson of MSI for managing the invitations, catering and event details. Thank you to the businesspeople who took time from their busy schedules to get together to offer input to make Vermont a better place to live and work.