Construction Project Manager Apprentice
Manufacturing Solutions Inc. (MSI) is looking for a Construction Project Manager Apprentice to join the MSI Trucking and Sitework Team.
The Project Manager Apprentice is responsible for planning and supporting the site project manager. They will support the project from initiation to close, hiring subcontractors, working with vendors, engineers, and tracking inventory of equipment and materials. This person should be learning about regulations, permits and project management methodology. They should also work well with others, be highly organized and detail-oriented, meet deadlines and stay within planned budget.
- Works with project manager to determine the project deliverables and specifications, including the project scope, necessary project resources, and estimated labor needed by collaborating with clients, engineers, and architects.
- Works with project manager to write and submits inspection logs and punch lists
- Works with project manager to acquire equipment and material and monitor inventory to prevent project delays
- Works with project manager to plan and project resources needed (labor, equipment, sub-contractors, and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary cashflow incoming and outgoing
- Works with project manager to calculate the cost estimate of all project tasks and accurately manage the project budget
- Works with project manager to plan and schedule the entire construction project, including construction operations and timelines to make sure project deadlines are met. Uses scheduling software to update schedules, track progress, and document project progression.
- Works with project manager to work with general contractors, subcontractors, and external vendors to negotiate profitable contracts
- Works with project manager to acquire the appropriate licenses and permits from the corresponding authorities and ensure construction is up to code
- Works with project manager to communicate the status of the building project to key stakeholders by providing regular progress reports.
- Works with project manager to put organizational systems into place to ensure tools, vehicles, and equipment are well-maintained, and schedule maintenance if needed
- Works with project manager to prevent injuries, slowdowns, and project risks by demanding complete adherence to health and safety standards on construction sites, and reporting safety regulation issues promptly
Minimum Education – High school diploma
Minimum Work Experience – Two years of construction estimating experience preferred
Required Licenses/Certifications – Valid Driver’s license required.
Come as you are; Discover what is possible. MSI is an EOE.