Construction Project Manager
Manufacturing Solutions Inc. (MSI) is looking for a Construction Project Manager to join the MSI Trucking and Sitework Team.
The Project Manager is responsible for planning and overseeing several different types of construction projects. They will lead the project from initiation to close, hiring subcontractors, working with vendors, engineers, and tracking inventory of equipment and materials. This person should be knowledgeable about regulations, permits and project management methodology. They should also work well with others, be highly organized and detail-oriented, meet deadlines and stay within planned budget.
- Determine the project deliverables and specifications, including the project scope, necessary project resources, and estimated labor needed by collaborating with clients, engineers, and architects.
- Writes and submits inspection logs and punch lists
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor inventory to prevent project delays
- Plan and project resources needed (labor, equipment, sub-contractors, and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary cashflow incoming and outgoing
- Calculate the cost estimate of all project tasks and accurately manage the project budget
- Plan and schedule the entire construction project, including construction operations and timelines to make sure project deadlines are met. Uses scheduling software to update schedules, track progress, and document project progression.
- Work with general contractors, subcontractors, and external vendors to negotiate profitable contracts
- Acquire the appropriate licenses and permits from the corresponding authorities and ensure construction is up to code
- Communicate the status of the building project to key stakeholders by providing regular progress reports.
- Put organizational systems into place to ensure tools, vehicles, and equipment are well-maintained, and schedule maintenance if needed
- Prevent injuries, slowdowns, and project risks by demanding complete adherence to health and safety standards on construction sites, and reporting safety regulation issues promptly
Minimum Education - Bachelor’s degree in construction science and management, engineering, architecture, business administration, or a related degree preferred
Minimum Work Experience - Five years of construction and project management experience required. Two years of construction estimating experience required
Required Licenses/Certifications - Valid Driver’s license required. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 30 Certification preferred. Construction Project Management certification preferred.
Come as you are; Discover what is possible. MSI is an EOE.