MSI is looking for a 2nd shift Warehouse Supervisor to join the team!
Mission: The Warehouse Supervisor will be the immediate go-to person on the Warehouse floor overseeing Warehouse staff and providing positive and/or constructive feedback as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure appropriate shipping paperwork has been created and filed
- Cross-check accuracy and address of each shipment
- Elevate concerns to logistics leader as needed
- Prepare and print shipping labels corresponding to shipping needs
- Properly identify and locate all parts according to established procedures
- Pick parts and products from appropriate inventory locations in specified quantities as necessary to fill orders by following established procedures
- Assemble and fill boxes and other cartons with items that need to be shipped
- Verify the content is the correct content requested by the Logistics Leader
- Use and retain proper account info to prepare for shipping
- Report any shortages or discrepancies to the Logistics or Inventory Control Leader as applicable
- Visually monitor inventory levels and communicate low levels to the Inventory
- Combine like material in a FIFO manner
- Ensure proper material handling, labeling, storage and allocation using FIFO and LIFO
- Share responsibility with the material handlers to evaluate and ensure stock rotation procedures such as FIFO, LIFO and customer forwarding procedures (Packing slips/corrected paperwork).
- Maintain adequate storage in warehouse for on-site inventory
- Organize and maintain warehouse for efficient material storage and handling; maintains labeling system on each item and inventory shelving
- Notify production and warehouse management of shortages or other problems that could impact product availability
- Support the logistic leaders by performing department metric updates as needed
- Assist with planning/updating truck routes and shipping manifest
- Support/perform/record/manage audits as needed (5S, ISO, daily, safety)
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Conduct 5S responsibilities daily
- Elevate any/all concerns quickly
- Maintain a solution oriented work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management
- Continue to grow lean knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be familiar with inventory standards and have exceptional math and observation sills. The employee must exhibit good judgement when working directly with management and customers on reconciliation processes and show meticulous accuracy in every endeavor.
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands/Requirements: The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reports to: Department Manager