Maintenance Service Manager
The Maintenance Service Manager leads and coordinates the services provided by the Engineering/maintenance department and adds value by removing obstacles to success. The Service Manager will work closely with the Maintenance Shop Supervisor and the Engineering Manager to deliver customer service results through in-shop execution and project management. This role provides leadership and direction and is responsible for developing a dynamic high performing team.
- Two-year technical degree or equivalent experience
- Good communication and listening skills
- Good reading, writing, and math skills
- Good computer software skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to set and act on priorities to meet deadlines
- Flexibility of hours; may be required to be on call and/or work evenings and weekends
- Project Management Certification or equivalent experience
- Mechanical and electrical repair and troubleshooting skills are a plus
- Facilitate communication between maintenance team members and between the maintenance team and internal MSI customers, monitor and resolve customer complaints
- Manage and maintain the Zeus PM system
- Monitor progress of tasks relative to their target dates and proactively remove obstacles to timely completion
- Plan, manage, and lead installations of small to large projects
- Maintain stock of critical parts and supplies
- Arranging help from outside organizations as needed
- Identify and implement improvements to improve efficiency and reliability and reduce risks
- Data Analytics/trends, PDCA-root cause process, Work Instructions, Zeus/Tool Improvement, Inventory; ordering, stock accuracy and replenishment, 5S, Gemba Leader
- Responsible for manpower, hiring, corrective council, on boarding, performance evaluation
- Work with management to identify and implement improvements that will make the buildings operate more efficient, reduce risks, and identify single points of failure
- Provide recommendations as needed in developing department budget. Ensure proper billing on daily expenditures and projects for facilities repairs and maintenance
- Responsible for the proper use and care of all company tools and equipment including inventory and good working order of
- Analyzes payroll expenses to maximize productivity
- Be responsible for all department purchase orders being entered accurately and on time
- Monitor and resolve customer complaints
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be comfortable and capable of working at different heights.
Manufacturing Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Permanent full-time employment of selected candidates is conditional upon background screening as well as ability to meet the physical requirements of the position in a pre-employment physical.
MSI offers a full range of benefits to full time employees including: 401K; Health, Dental, Life & Vision insurance; Profit Sharing/ Bonus Program; Health Savings Account and more