Lead Facilities Cleaner
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position is responsible for the thorough cleaning, and stocking of various supplies in MSI (or MSI owned) facilities. In addition, this position is responsible for coordinating, and troubleshooting issues that arise for facilities cleaning staff while on duty.
Minimum Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum Work Experience: Prior facility or related field cleaning experience required.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid Driver’s license required.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities In addition to the job specific requirements listed in this section, employee is accountable for and expected to integrate all MSI values into the execution of the essential functions of their job. Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general requirements for work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all requirements, responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so employed.
Ability to display flexibility to meet the operational demands of the department activities required.
Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays required.
Ability to adhere to and model MSI values required.
Ability to interact with co-workers and members of the public in a courteous and professional manner required.
Ability to adhere to and comply with MSI attendance polices required.
Ability to operate a wide range of cleaning materials and tools required.
Ability to utilize required PPE at all times while working required.
Ability to learn and maintain company productivity levels required.
Ability to accurately follow written work instructions required.
Following are the core values that reflect the values of our organization.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We are professionals, accountable first to our customers but also to each other. We take ownership of our mistakes and see them as an opportunity to learn. We share the credit for our successes.
FLEXIBILITY: We pride ourselves on being able to respond quickly and energetically to new challenges and thrive on doing it.
COLLABORATION: We recognize that not one of us can do it alone. Every employee has resources, and we each are empowered to work together to achieve results.
PRODUCTIVITY: We value working smart and we continually look for process improvement. We reward employees who step up and work hard to get the job done.
SOLUTIONS ORIENTED: When we encounter challenges, we utilize a confident and pro-active approach to resolve the situation.
Essential Functions encompass those tasks, duties, and responsibilities that are critical and fundamental to the job and comprise the means of accomplishing the job’s purpose and objectives. They are the major functions for which the person in the job is held accountable.
For any employee with population specific/age specific competency requirements a copy of the requirements must be attached to this document.
- Carries out and completes routine cleaning task list to company specifications including but not limited to; clean, dust, vacuum and/or mop floors of offices, break rooms, hallways, stair ways, conference rooms, common areas, and some designated production areas on a regular rotational basis.
- Carries out seasonal cleaning projects (windows, polishing, outside entry ways, etc.) as directed.
- Responds to questions and issues that arise during shift from co-workers, and takes action to address/resolve issues as they arise in a timely manner.
- Follows shift/location cleaning schedule, and work instructions in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Follows shift schedule, notes par levels of areas audited, and reports findings to manager.
- Stocks supply closet and cleaning carts at end of shift to par levels to ensure smooth transition to next shift.
- For staff call outs, takes action to redistribute work tasks to ensure shift cleaning schedule is maintained.
- Performs other duties as required.