Assistant Quality Manager
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Under the supervision of the Quality Product Manager (QPM) this position is responsible for providing day to day administrative and operational support to the Quality Department.
Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree preferred.
Minimum Work Experience: Three years of manufacturing Quality experience required. Quality Management System experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. Understanding of ISO 9001 requirements preferred. Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles preferred.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
In addition to the job specific requirements listed in this section, employee is accountable for and expected to integrate all MSI values into the execution of the essential functions of their job. Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general requirements for work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all requirements, responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so employed.
Ability to display flexibility to meet the operational demands of the department activities required.
Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays required.
Ability to adhere to and model MSI values required.
Ability to interact with co-workers and members of the public in a courteous and professional manner required.
Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
Ability to carry out inspections, screenings and audits required.
Ability to sort, test, disassemble and reassemble products or goods required.
Knowledge of ISO 9001 requirements required.
Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles required.
Ability to work effectively in a team environment required.
Ability to display leadership, motivational and influential skills required.
Strong verbal, written & interpersonal communication skills required.
Strong organizational, time management, planning and problem-solving abilities required.
Essential Functions encompass those tasks, duties, and responsibilities that are critical and fundamental to the job and comprise the means of accomplishing the job’s purpose and objectives. They are the major functions for which the person in the job is held accountable.
- Creates daily schedule for Quality department staff. Accurately lists staff tasks in accordance with Quality Department and/or customer requirements.
- Enters daily receiving inspections from Pack Slips into the Zeus module in accordance with department deadlines. Follows up with appropriate staff and QPM when deadlines cannot be met.
- Stays up-to-date on Quality issues, screening/rework projects in accordance with customer requirements. In the absence of the QPM, provides updates as needed to internal and external customers.
- Proactively reviews weekly Quality reports (Open box, LPA, receiving inspection) and reports findings to the Quality Product Manager.
- Enters daily Quality data (Open box, LPA, receiving inspection) into their respective metrics and reports on status/trends on a weekly basis.
- Generates weekly production damage reports.
- Transcribes written Quality Report data into digital form as needed, daily.
- Generates weekly Vendor return reports in accordance with customer requirements.
- Participates in Customer meetings, actively monitors customer satisfaction levels in accordance with MSI Quality Management Procedures
- Reviews the accuracy of Quality Department labor and information, and makes necessary corrections per MSI billing procedures in a timely manner.
- Enters weekly Customer billing information into Zeus in accordance with MSI billing procedures
- Conducts inspections and screenings as prescribed by QPM.
- Maintains current Quality Department documentation in accordance with MSI’s Quality Management System procedures
- Monitors/orders departmental supplies as necessary to ensure available resources and maintain Departmental budget
- Conducts Open box inspections, LPA’s, receiving inspections, reject processing, torque checks as prescribed by QPM
- Performs other duties as required.