MSI Values diversity: Come as you are; discover what is possible. MSI is an EOE.
Manufacturing Solutions Inc. (MSI) located in Morrisville, VT is looking for an Accounting Clerk to join our finance team. If you like working in a professional and fast paced team environment, and have excellent organizational skills, this is the job for you.
As the MSI Accounting Clerk you will be part of our Finance and Accounting team, with job duties that Include:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Credit Card payments and reconciliation.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly financial reports
- Prepare invoices for payment, ensuring that payment deadlines are met; enter all invoice amounts into computer system.
- Print and mail checks to pay invoices.
- Process payments for approved professional development activities.
- Verify checks and warrants.
- Contact appropriate staff or outside vendors/contractors regarding questions or discrepancies, referring unusual problems to Accounting Supervisor.
- Perform regular monthly accounts payable reconciliation and general ledger posting.
- Review expenditure charging for accuracy
- Purchase Order tracking
- Support department initial and ongoing communication needs with internal and external contacts and respond to telephone and one-to-one queries as necessary.
- Support and backup other co-workers to ensure all tasks are being completed by the deadlines.
- Continuously evaluate Accounts Payable business processes and practices and recommend areas of improvement.
Candidates with the following qualifications are encouraged to apply:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly. Excellent accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Must be knowledgeable about accounts payable and receivable functions.
- Minimum of two years of relevant accounts payable and/or bookkeeping experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to quickly and accurately process large amounts of data entry. Able to effectively and efficiently use database programs, spreadsheets and word processing programs.
- Experience with Quickbooks, and MS Office and strong excel skills desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent listening skills.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with peers, subordinates, supervisors and outside agencies.