Manufacturing Department ManagerApply Today
MSI, one of the largest employers in Northern Vermont, and a leading provider of LEAN manufacturing solutions is looking for a Department Manager to oversee our manufacturing process in one of our NEW departments. If you're looking for dependable pay, great benefits, and an exciting work environment with growth potential, apply now! Our benefit package includes paid holidays, paid vacation, CTO, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, an HSA, profit sharing and a 401(k) plan. In addition MSI offers on-site perks including access to a certified physical therapist and gym.
Daily duties of Department Managers include managing production staff, providing summary data, creating and analyzing productivity and labor graphs, overtime reports, department budget goals, making changes as needed to meet metrics and being responsible for the safety of all members of the department. The Department Manager will lead the profit and loss review and planning (PDCA) for cost control, staff scheduling and time management, participate in hiring, evaluations, coaching, and staff development plans, make improvement or repair requests to the process team, effectively identify the need for a PDCA, assemble appropriate team for PDCA, and lead, drive and participate in the PDCA process.
Required skills include being results oriented, self-motivated, have strong problem solving skills with an attention to detail, dependability, and quality oriented.
- Five years or more experience in a manufacturing management role, overseeing teams of 10 or more employees on a consistent basis.
- Experience with LEAN manufacturing procedures.
- Proven ability to motivate, lead and relate to a diverse work force.
- Pro-active team leader with excellent communication skills, being solution-oriented and accountable.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently.
- Able to push/pull carts with up to 50 lbs. frequently.
- Able to stand on concrete floors for extended period of time.
- Able to walk frequently in the course of job duties.
- Able to twist up to 45 degrees on a frequent basis.
- Able to climb stairs to reach to the production floor.
- Able to crouch, kneel and reach on a frequent basis.
- Able to consistently grip tools required for the job duties up to 80 lbs. of pressure.
- Able to pinch product used in assembly with 20 lbs. of pressure on a frequent basis.
- Able to participate in daily mandatory stretch break.
Manufacturing Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment of selected candidates is conditional upon clear drug and background screening as well as ability to meet the physical requirements of the position in a pre-employment physical.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.